Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Climbing Up Hill

Oh, I get it now. Your twenties are an up hill climb and 25 is the peak. No wonder it was so tough and I was so tired by the time I got there! And now that I’ve made it to the top, coming back down is a little scary. I mean, do I just jump and hope for the best, or do I take my time and pray that coming down is easier than going up? And what’s waiting for me when I reach the bottom? 30?! Does that mean I’ll have to change the name of this blog? Okay, let me slow down. I just aged myself four years. No, I have a feeling I’ll be better adjusted by the time I reach 30. I’m already better adjusted having made it to 26. Don’t know what it was about 25, but try as I might, there was no avoiding it. So I’ve finally given up the fight and have decided to approach 26 with a new perspective. If nothing else, I’m over the hill. And while I can look back on it, I’ll never have to climb it again, and that’s a bit of a relief. There are things in life that are inevitable, like aging. It’s just about coming to terms with them. And that’s what this blog is helping me to do. So thanks to those of you who continue to follow. I apologize if it’s not always clear. I swear it all makes sense in my head.

No comments: